[vsnet-alert 14560] Re: [VSS-members] AG Car Unsteady Decline Continues

Peter F Williams pfwilliams at onaustralia.com.au
Fri May 11 15:06:37 JST 2012

Hi Sebastian,

Yes, the topic of different colour response by different observers is also
being discussed on the vss-members news group.

The monthly means are indicative only to show the irregular fading of AG
Car.  Here, my monthly means are derived from between 3 and 15 observations
according to the season and position/availability of the field.  Within some
months AG Car is also seen to vary by upto 0.6 magnitude and this too can
alter the monthly means as would be the case if the weather was cloudy
during these active times.

Our results show the same trend and seem to be internally consistent and I
think that is important.

In any case, AG Car is certainly fainter than for many years.  Good luck
with the weather!

Tks and regards

Peter Williams
Heathcote NSW