[vsnet-alert 15087] Re: Probable nova in the LMC

walcom77 walcom77 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 00:48:26 JST 2012

Dear All

Following the posting on ATel #4540 and on the Central Bureau's
Transient Object Confirmation Page about a possible Nova in LMC (TOCP
Designation: PNV J05202109-7305433) we performed some follow-up of
this object remotely through the 2.0-m f/10.0 Ritchey-Chretien + CCD +
Bessel-R filter of Siding Spring-Faulkes Telescope South (MPC code
E10)

On our images taken on 2012, Nov. 5.52 we can confirm the presence of
an optical counterpart with R-filtered CCD magnitude 13.4 at
coordinates:

R.A. = 05 20 21.10, Decl.= -73 05 43.2

(equinox 2000.0; UCAC-2 catalogue reference stars).

Our confirmation image:

http://bit.ly/Stlakp

An animation showing a comparison between our confirmation image and
the archive POSS2/UKSTU plate (R Filter - 1988):

http://bit.ly/R94PSV

With kind regards,

Giovanni Sostero (Remanzacco Observatory/Faulkes Telescope), Nick
Howes (Remanzacco Observatory/Faulkes Telescope), Ernesto Guido
(Remanzacco Observatory/Faulkes Telescope) and Krzysztof Rochowicz
(University Nicolai Copernici, Torun).
http://remanzacco.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/comets77