[vsnet-alert 14967] MASTER OT J000820.50+773119.1: likely a new SU UMa star close to the period gap

Gianluca Masi gianluca at bellatrixobservatory.org
Wed Oct 3 05:25:31 JST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

after about two hours of time-resolved photometry on this source, remotely using
the 14" photometric unit part of the Virtual Telescope robotic facility in
Italy, we see probable superhumps, with a full amplitude of about 0.2 mags.

A Psh estimate by eye provide a value around 2 hours or a bit longer, so close
to the lower limit of the period gap.

The star is around mag 17.1 unfiltered and there is the interference of a bright
Moon

We plan to cover this star for two more hours or so, to better understand its
nature.

Regards,
Gianluca Masi
Francesca Nocentini