[vsnet-alert 15630] Re: Next HST observations: HS1055+0939 = IU Leo & QZ Lib

Boris Gaensicke Boris.Gaensicke at warwick.ac.uk
Fri Apr 19 18:11:37 JST 2013

Dear All,

yesterday, HST observed successfully HS1055+0939=IU Leo.

Thank you very much for the very detailed monitoring that
you provided - this was extremely helpful to reassure everybody
that the recent outburst was indeed over, and the star was not
up to anything else.

At a first glance, the UV spectrum suggests that the accreting
white dwarf in this long-period dwarf nova may be relatively hot,
which would be consistent with the fact that the system has
relatively frequent dwarf nova outbursts - but we will need a bit
more time for a detailed analysis.

The next target is rather faint, so may need image stacking
for a good detection.

QZ-Lib                  Apr 26, 2013 14:37:44   Apr 26, 2013 21:23:30

The scheduling makes it quite tight this time for STScI to uplink
the "OK" command to HST once they receive your latest
monitoring.

Apart from the usual "intense" monitoring until the HST
observations, we will need a good set of V-band snapshots on the
evening of April 25th (UT) until the early morning of the
26th (UT). Luckily, QZ Lib is well placed for observations
both from the south and the north.

Best wishes,

Boris