[vsnet-alert 15241] Next HST observation: SDSS J093249.57+472523.0

Boris Gaensicke Boris.Gaensicke at warwick.ac.uk
Sat Jan 5 01:10:22 JST 2013

Dear All,

first of all:

Happy New Year, and all the best for 2013!

After a welcome break, it's back to business ... the next
HST target is now scheduled:

SDSS0932+4725 Jan 11, 2013 21:18:00 to	Jan 12, 2013 02:57:19

This is an eclipsing short-period CV, that bubbles up and down
between (out of eclipse) ~19th mag and ~17.5th mag. I am
not sure if this variability is caused by short low-amplitude
outbursts ... one additional question that your monitoring
may solve.

I am aware of only a single reported (super)outburst
(Jeremy Shears, March 2011),  but correct me if I'm wrong.
This has been suggested to be an intermediate polar, certainly the
SDSS spectrum  has unusually strong He lines for a normal short-period
dwarf nova.

As before, please monitor this star closely for the next week, and
report the observations to the AAVSO data base.

I know, this one is a little too faint for comfort when it does get
into its dim state ...

Best wishes,

Boris