[vsnet-alert 15260] Next HST observations: SDSS J093249.57+472523.0 and CU Vel

Boris Gaensicke Boris.Gaensicke at warwick.ac.uk
Fri Jan 11 05:48:24 JST 2013

Dear All,

tonight will be critical for SDSS0932+4725, as STScI will take
the decision to go ahead with the HST observations some
time tomorrow (EST) - if possible at all, try to get some V-band
images of this target.

And the next target is already scheduled - a classic SU UMa
type dwarf nova,

CU Vel   Jan 18, 2013 06:52:10 to Jan 18, 2013 10:21:40

This one has normal outburst every 2-3 months, and
a superoutburst about once a year. The last outburst
that I am aware of was reported by Rod Stubbings on
121022.692, which must have been a normal one...
The next normal outburst could happen rather soon,
i.e. we really need to be watching CU Vel rather carefully.

Best wishes,

Boris