[vsnet-alert 15265] Next HST observations: SDSS J093249.57+472523.0 and CU Vel

Boris Gaensicke Boris.Gaensicke at warwick.ac.uk
Sat Jan 12 20:47:33 JST 2013

Dear All,

the observations of SDSS0932+4725 went well ... and the
spectrum is very interesting: it shows inverted ratios in the
strengths of the nitrogen, helium and silicon lines with
respect to carbon - a strong sign that the donor star in
this CV is evolved. So SDSS0932+4725 may join a small
family of short-period CVs that have evolved donors (like
e.g. QZ Ser). Thank you very much for the monitoring
you provided, it was again essential to allow the HSt
observations to go ahead!

Next: CU Vel,

Jan 18, 2013 06:52:10 to Jan 18, 2013 10:21:40

As I said in my last mail, this is one of the more active
CVs on our target list, so I am looking forward to a tense
couple of days!

Best wishes,

Boris