[vsnet-alert 15891] Re: QU Aqr outburst

Krzysztof (Kris) Stanek kstanek at astronomy.ohio-state.edu
Mon Jul 1 09:48:37 JST 2013

I will retrieve our light curve tomorrow. Just taking a quick look at our
subtracted images, this does not look like a very strong outburst.

One thing to mention is that ASAS-SN "magnitudes" are always the
equivalent magnitude of the residual flux on the subtracted images. For a
completely new source like a supernova that will also be the actual
magnitude, but for a CV it will be the excess flux as compared
to our reference image. At some point in the future we will start
releasing the actual light curves, but we are not there yet.

Kris Stanek