[vsnet-alert 15976] Re: Next HST observations: HS2214+2845 (V513 Peg) & OT J213806.6+261957

Brian Skiff bas at lowell.edu
Sun Jul 14 06:01:45 JST 2013

     Robert Modic has kindly pointed a further mix-up,
and I should have been more specific about which star
I was referring to in my original note.  Briefly, the
first message was correct after all, and refers to
OT J213806.6+261957, _not_ to HS 2214+2845 = V513 Peg.
The latter is the star Arto was thinking I was writing about.

---  OT J213806.6+261957 is indeed the moving component
     presently nearly 3" southeast of a zero-motion
     field star.  It is relatively very bright on the
     SDSS u-band image.  Its motion is toward the northeast,
     heading away from the optical companion.

---  HS 2214+2845 = V513 Peg is the northwestern star of
     another optical pair.  This time the cv is nearly
     fixed, while the companion is moving approximately
     southeast-ward away from the cv.  Astrometry even
     from recent catalogues makes this obvious:

epoch       theta  rho    source
1997.843   163.3   4.77   2MASS
2001.525   161.6   4.91   CMC14
2008.844   161.0   5.05   SDSS DR9
2009.876   160.9   5.07   SDSS DR9

Sorry for the communication break-down --- just trying
to be helpful of course!

\Brian