[vsnet-alert 15988] Re: Next HST observations: HS2214+2845 (V513 Peg) & OT J213806.6+261957

Boris Gaensicke Boris.Gaensicke at warwick.ac.uk
Tue Jul 16 05:23:34 JST 2013

Dear Brian,

thanks for bringing this up - I forgot to mention that,
indeed, HS2214+2845 also has a relatively nearby
visual companion, but it should be possible to resolve
these two.

I got SDSS u/g/r images of OT J213806.6+261957,
which illustrate that the CV dominates at short
wavelengths,

http://deneb.astro.warwick.ac.uk/phsdaj/Upload/otj2138.jpg

(North up, East left). Arne Henden got the following
coordinates for the two stars from those images,

CV: 21:38:06.694 +26:19:56.91
companion: 21:38:06.546 +26:19:58.37

In the UV, where HST will be observing, the visual
companion will be invisible.

Cheers,

Boris