[vsnet-alert 15773] Re: PNV J19150199+0719471

Brian Skiff bas at lowell.edu
Sun Jun 2 09:09:16 JST 2013

     Using Arne's accurate position, I notice that the
star appears to be a blue object with modest proper motion
that has been previously reported as an IPHAS H-alpha
emission candidate (from colors, not a spectrum).
     The motion is easy to see by blinking the POSS-I and -II
blue plate-scans.  The USNO-B1.0 motion, -94,-88 mas/year
is about right, though there is an unlinked detection.
PPMXL gives similar values, since it derives largely from
USNO-B1.0 anyways.  The large motion seems to argue for
some sort of dwarf nova outburst rather than a more
classical galactic nova eruption.
     Notice that the star is quite blue, and more-or-less
disappears in the near-IR --- no 2MASS or WISE detection.
     The IPHAS entry is:  IPHAS J191502.09+071947.6,
shown with Sloan r mag 18.5.  The position is consistent
with the one below given the earlier epoch of the IPHAS images.

\Brian