[vsnet-alert 15807] Re: V905 Sco Slow Decline

Sebastian Otero varsao at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 6 13:22:07 JST 2013

Hi, Peter,

> V905 Sco, classified as either SDOR or ACYG:, appears to be undergoing a
> gradual decline in brightness over recent months.

I can confirm a gradual fading starting from 2011 from the usual 6.3-6.5
state the star spent until 2010 but it is very slow.

I got almost the same results in October, 2012 (V= 6.7 instead of 6.8) but I
only have two observations this year and they look brighter than those form
the previous season.
Today I observed it and made it at V= 6.64 although under hazy skies. But
nothing like 7.4. My limiting magnitude was 7.2 due to that haze.

Below a list of my observations for 2012 and 2013.

Cheers,
Sebastian

-------------

20120626.035    2456104.5354    6.58