[vsnet-alert 15811] Next HST observations: BD Pav

Boris Gaensicke Boris.Gaensicke at warwick.ac.uk
Fri Jun 7 08:54:44 JST 2013

Dear All,

HST observed V1108 Her, and everything went according
to plan: we obtained a very good spectrum of the white dwarf
in this CV ... one other example that CVs can behave well.

Thanks for the very intense monitoring, that
was crucial to get the observations approved.

The next target is BD Pav, a U Gem-type dwarf nova,

Jun 14, 2013 04:40:42 to 09:46:09

We expect a fair bit of variability during quiescence due
to flickering and ellipsoidal modulation of the companion.

Hence, if you can observe this southern star, please
try to get a few measurements per night so that it
will be possible to determine both the mean brightness
level and the amplitude of the short-term variability.

Best wishes,

Boris