[vsnet-alert 15883] Next HST observations: OR And & AX For

Boris Gaensicke Boris.Gaensicke at warwick.ac.uk
Sat Jun 29 20:41:27 JST 2013

Dear All,

the HST observations of CC Scl went well, thanks so much
for the support! I am pretty sure that we detect the white
dwarf in this enigmatic system, even though there is a strong
contribution from other components to the ultraviolet spectrum.
It will be very interesting to look into the variability of the different
spectral components, for which the HST data is perfect (as
it records every individual photon with its arrival time and
detector position).

Next week we have a break, but there will be two HST observations
in the week after that:

OR And:  Jul 10, 2013 11:47:01 to 15:56:12
AX For: Jul 11, 2013 20:42:38 	to 01:49:57

OR And is a VY Scl star that is currently in a low state, V~18.5,
and we will need to know if it stays faint over the next two
weeks.

AX For (=2QZ J021927.9-304545) is a short-period SU UMa
type dwarf nova. I am aware only of two superoutbursts
(2005/2009) and one normal outburst (2008), please let me
know if you have other records of the system in outburst. And,
as usual, we will need to keep a close eye on this one in
the run-up to the HST observations.

All the best,

Boris