[vsnet-alert 17017] SDSS J090221.35+381941.9: precursor part?

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Mar 13 09:38:26 JST 2014

SDSS J090221.35+381941.9: precursor part?

   Pavol A. Dubovsky has just reported observations.
The object has been staying almost at the same brightness
level since Mar. 9 (4 mag above quiescence).
Although outbursts of AM CVn-type objects are not
so well understood, this brightness suggests that
the outburst was a precursor, and there may soon be
a superoutburst.  We can expect that the object
shows stage A superhumps, and long observations are
very strongly requested.  Despite the interference
by the Moon, we may have a chance to detect
superhumps if sufficient number of observations
are available.  Observations at other longitudes
are also requested.