[vsnet-alert 17075] Next HST observations: SDSS1006+2337

Boris Gaensicke Boris.Gaensicke at warwick.ac.uk
Sat Mar 22 22:21:41 JST 2014

Dear All,

the observations of SDSS1006+2337 went well.

This was the last star in this HST program, and
I would like to sincerely thank all of you for the
outstanding support you have provided!

I met last week some of the people from STScI
involved in the technical implementation of the
HST observations, and they said it has been one
of the most challenging programs they have done!

Without your help, these HST observations would
not have been possible. It has worked beautifully,
with just one out of the 41 targets being kicked
off the schedule for bad behaviour! But there
were a few close calls, and a number of sleepless
nights throughout the past 1 1/2 years... as such,
I am not too sad we have reached the end of it.

We have begun working on this fantastic data set,
and will get back in touch with you later on some
of the results we find.

All the best,

Boris