[vsnet-alert 17921] Re: OT J030929.8+263804: early superhumps?

Tonny Vanmunster tonny.vanmunster at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 11:32:13 JST 2014

Dear colleagues,

I have started an unfiltered CCD photometry session of this target at CBA
Belgium Observatory early this evening, which is still ongoing. An
intermediate analysis of the light curve shows a complex, likely double
humped structure of light variations with an amplitude of approx 0.04 mag.
This might point to the emergence of early superhumps, so I expect this will
soon turn out to be a WZ Sge-type dwarf nova.

A very preliminary period analysis using the PDM method (Peranso), yields a
period of 0.057(2) d.

Observations are made with a 0.35-m f/6.3 telescope and STT-3200ME CCD
camera (unfiltered), and will later on be sent to CBA and VSNET for further
analysis.

Best regards
Tonny

www.cbabelgium.com