[vsnet-alert 18017] ASASSN-14dx: detection of period in the CRTS data

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Nov 27 11:18:14 JST 2014

ASASSN-14dx: detection of period in the CRTS data

   Josch Hambsch and Berto Monard have reported observations.
In particular, Josch has been continuously observing
this object (still 15.0 mag or brighter now).
We have successfully detected the period in the CRTS data.
The period is 0.0575060(2) d and we consider it
the orbital period.  This period is in agreement with
what is observed in outburst (now).

http://www.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~tkato/tmp/14dxpdm.png
http://www.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~tkato/tmp/14dxorb.png

   It's an equatorial object and northern observers
can contribute!