[vsnet-alert 18879] V1006 Cyg: stage A and B superhumps

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Jul 23 14:00:22 JST 2015

V1006 Cyg: stage A and B superhumps

   Pavol A. Dubovsky, Enrique de Miguel and Tamas Tordai
have reported new observations.  The object shows superhumps
with decreasing amplitudes (from 0.3 mag to 0.2 mag)
with a roughly constant period.  This feature suggests
that we are now observing stage B superhumps.
If this interpretation is correct, the duration of
stage A superhumps was at least 30 cycles, which is
unusually long for a long-period SU UMa-type object.
Our interpretation in [vsnet-alert 18873] appears to be
valid.  The object apparently shows significant beat
modulations (period slightly less than 2 d).