[vsnet-alert 18635] ASASSN-15jd: a likely new WZ Sge-type dwarf nova

Tonny Vanmunster tonny.vanmunster at gmail.com
Tue May 19 15:53:50 JST 2015

Dear colleagues,

This morning (2015, May 18/19), I obtained unfiltered CCD photometry observations of ASASSN-15jd at CBA Belgium Observatory,  using a 0.35-m f/6.3 telescope and STT-3200ME CCD camera, under clear skies. The resulting light curve covers a time span of 2.3 hours and shows the presence of a periodic signal, which is most likely to be attributed to (emerging) early superhumps. The amplitude is 0.04 mag, and a period analysis using the ANOVA, Lomb-Scargle and PDM methods (Peranso), yields a period of 0.060 +/- 0.002d. The object is most likely a new WZ Sge-type dwarf nova.  More observations are needed to follow up on the further development of the periodic signal.

I observed the same target over the past 3 nights, when no periodicity was visible yet in the light curves.

My observations have been sent to CBA and VSNET for further analysis.

Best regards
Tonny

 <http://www.cbabelgium.com> www.cbabelgium.com
 <http://www.peranso.com> www.peranso.com