[vsnet-alert 19773] V803 Cen: superoutburst is expected?

Keisuke Isogai isogai at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Apr 26 21:42:28 JST 2016

V803 Cen: superoutburst is expected?

     The quiescence of V803 Cen has lasted for 15 days
since the last rebrightening, and the light curve suggests
the possibility that the object will undergo the superoutburst soon.
Because this light curve is very similar to ones in 2002 and 2004,
which showed the superoutbursts 10-15 days after the last rebrightenings.

If we can observe a rising part of a superoutburst and
detect growing (stage A) superhumps, we can estimate the mass ratio,
which is the most important binary parameter.
The duration of stage A of V803 Cen is expected to be very short (1day or shorter?),
and the continuous observations are encouraged.
Snapshots are also welcome to discover the rising.

Keisuke Isogai