[vsnet-alert 19960] Re: V803 Cen: rising to another outburst?

Keisuke Isogai isogai at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Jul 7 06:00:59 JST 2016

Re: V803 Cen: rising to another outburst?

     Josch Hambsch and Berto Monard have reported
new observations. The magnitude of this object was ~ 16V
on July 6, which is brighter than the quiescence of ~ 17 V.
Such slight brightening or some normal outbursts are the sign
of the next superoutburst, thus we will be able to see the
next superoutburst within 1-2 weeks. Note that the duration
of the stage A superhumps may be shorter than 0.5 day.
So continuous observations are needed.
     Now, the object shows no superhumps. So if we succeed
in observing the early stage of the next superoutburst, we will
detect clear stage A superhumps. Further observations are
strongly encouraged.