[vsnet-alert 20917] ASASSN-17eq: new SU UMa type dwarf nova

Tonny Vanmunster tonny.vanmunster at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 06:56:15 JST 2017

Dear colleagues,

I have just concluded the analysis of my 2017, Apr 13/14 and Apr 14/15 unfiltered CCD photometry sessions of ASASSN-17eq. Observations were made at CBA Belgium Observatory,  using a 0.40-m /f10.0 telescope and STT-3200ME CCD camera, under clear skies (Apr 13/14) and under strongly clouded skies (Apr 14/15), with strong moonlight.
The resulting light curve clearly shows the presence of a superhump with an amplitude of 0.26 mag. Due to the short duration of my sessions, it is difficult to establish an accurate superhump period. A very preliminary analysis, using the ANOVA method (Peranso), yields a superhump period of 0.071 +/- 0.006d, but additional observations are required to more precisely determine Psh. The object clearly is a new SU UMa-type dwarf nova, and was at mag 14.1 (unfiltered) on Apr 13th.

Observations will be sent to CBA and VSNET for further analysis.

Follow-up observations are strongly recommended, for the reasons mentioned above.

Best regards
Tonny

--

Tonny Vanmunster