[vsnet-alert 21681] ASASSN-17pn will show ordinary superhump?

Keisuke Isogai isogai at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Dec 8 14:34:33 JST 2017

ASASSN-17pn will show ordinary superhump?

     Kiyota-san, Roger Pickard, Itoh-san, Tonny Vanmunster, Tamas Tordai and Kyoto U.
team have observed the object.
     The object is about 15.5 mag now (the outburst maximum is 13.8 mag). Although the
outburst has lasted for 15 days, we have not detected a reliable signal of superhumps.
Thus I guess that the object is a WZ Sge-type star and will show ordinary superhumps
within a few days. Such long delay of the ordinary superhump appearance is one of the
character of period bouncers.So it will be worth observing the object.
     Further observations are encouraged.