[vsnet-alert 21271] ASASSN-17hx spectra

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Jul 21 11:36:27 JST 2017

ASASSN-17hx spectra

   This nova (I don't recommend to use "Nova Sct 2017"
since there remains a possibility that the CBAT assigns
this name to another nova in Scutum) seems to be
in the phase of premaximum halt.
It is very good to see that the ARAS team has been
following this nova:

http://www.astrosurf.com/aras/Aras_DataBase/Novae/2017_NovaSct2017.htm

   It seems that the P Cyg-type feature has been becoming
stronger.  This evolution is similar to what was observed
in V723 Cas in its phase of premaximum halt.
see
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1998A%26A...338.1006I

   We may expect to see a quick brightening to
the true maximum.  Let's see what happens to spectra
and colors.