[vsnet-alert 21105] TCP J18154219+3515598: ordinary superhumps?

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Jun 8 10:24:08 JST 2017

TCP J18154219+3515598: ordinary superhumps?

   Lew Cook, Enrique de Miguel and Geoff Stone have
reported new observations.   According to Stone's
latest observations, the object now shows superhumps.
They appear singly peaked (but with small amplitudes
0.03-0.04 mag).  The profile suggests ordinary superhumps.
The most recent data can be expressed by a period
of 0.0620(1) d.  We are not confident whether these
superhumps are ordinary superhumps in stage A.
If these superhumps are ordinary ones, the object
may be an SU UMa-type dwarf nova despited the large
outburst amplitude.  We should note that the outburst
started on May 28 and early superhump might have been
present before June 5.