[vsnet-alert 21578] ASASSN-17of: new SU UMa type dwarf nova

Tonny Vanmunster tonny.vanmunster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 04:08:54 JST 2017

Dear colleagues,

I have concluded an analysis of an additional (short) unfiltered CCD photometry session of ASASSN-17of, obtained on 2017, Nov 10/11. Same equipment as in the announcement below. Also this time, the sky initially was clear, but after approx. 1hr clouds rolled in.

The combined data sets (Nov 07/08 and Nov 10/11)  allowed me to much refine the superhump period. The improved value is 0.0591 +/- 0.0024d, based on a combination of the ANOVA, Lomb-Scargle and PDM methods of Peranso. Superhumps showed an amplited of 0.22 mag. The object was at mag 16.4 (unfiltered) on Nov 10th.

Observations will be sent to CBA and VSNET for further analysis.

Follow-up observations are recommended.

Best regards
Tonny

--