[vsnet-alert 21427] PNV J20205397+2508145: likely new dwarf nova

Tonny Vanmunster tonny.vanmunster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 08:51:50 JST 2017

Dear colleagues,

I have just concluded the analysis of my 2017, Sep 12/13 unfiltered CCD photometry session of PNV J20205397+2508145. Observations were made at CBA Belgium Observatory,  using a 0.40-m f/10.0 telescope and STT-3200ME CCD camera, under quite bad weather circumstances. Although the sky initially was very clear, clouds started to roll in and after 2.6hrs I had to stop the session. The resulting light curve clearly shows a hump like feature with an amplitude of 0.15 mag. Due to the shortness of the session, I can not accurately determine the periodicity of the signal. Although the existence of the variation looks secure, more observations are evidently needed to establish the precise nature of this transient object.

The object was at mag 12.9 (unfiltered) on Sep 12th.

Observations will be sent to CBA and VSNET for further analysis.

Best regards
Tonny

--

Tonny Vanmunster