[vsnet-alert 21796] ASASSN-17rd: new SU UMa type dwarf nova

Tonny Vanmunster tonny.vanmunster at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 01:29:57 JST 2018

Dear colleagues,

I have finally concluded the analysis of my 2017, Dec 28/29 unfiltered CCD photometry session of ASASSN-17rd. Observations were made at CBA Belgium Observatory,  using a 0.40-m f/10.0 telescope and STT-3200ME CCD camera, under an initially clear – then clouded - sky with strong moonlight.

Reason for the long delay in processing my data is twofold: (1) I have been very busy lately designing a second robotic observatory named “CBA Extremadura”, located in a dark and clear sky region  in Spain, which will see first light around March 2018 (more news to follow); (2) I have switched to a new photometry software, called Lesve Photometry, developed by my Belgian colleague Pierre de Ponthierre (CBA Lesve). It’s a great tool!

My ASASSN-17rd data have a short baseline of 0.11d only. Hence, the resulting period analysis is still a bit uncertain. Using the ANOVA, Lomb-Scargle and PDM methods (Peranso), I find a combined superhump period of 0.0536 +/- 0.0014d and an amplitude of 0.20 mag. The object was at mag 17.6 (unfiltered) on Dec 28th.

Observations will be sent to AAVSO, CBA and VSNET for further analysis.

Best regards
Tonny

--

Tonny Vanmunster