[vsnet-alert 22223] Re: Observations of ASASSN-18lx and correct identification of the star

Patrick Schmeer pasc1312-aavso@yahoo.de via vsnet-alert vsnet-alert at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Jun 10 20:39:51 JST 2018

Hi Josch,

I would say ASASSN-18lx is invisble in the 'small crop' that you
provided.

Quote from https://www.aavso.org/vsx/index.php?view=detail.top&oid=621378:
>> VSP Note: 19.4 mag. star 3.6" to the WSW, 14.9 mag. star 7" to
>> the SSE and 15.1 mag. star 10" to the NW.

The transient should be located between the 14.9 and 15.1 mag. stars.

You wrote:
>> I have chosen the star indicated in the small crop in attachment
>> which seem to be one indicated on the AAVSO chart for 18lx.
>> However the coordinates of this star have end ciphers:
>> RA 58.11, DEC 23.8

This is the 14.9 mag. star 7" to the SSE.

Clear skies,
Patrick
Josch Hambsch <hambsch at telenet.be> wrote:

[vsnet-alert 22222]
Observations of ASASSN-18lx and correct identification of the star

Hi,

I have started observations of ASASSN-18lx.

With the given coordinates from the ASASSN transient page and the
one from the AAVSO sequence, the position is between two stars.

I have chosen the star indicated in the small crop in attachment
which seem to be one indicated on the AAVSO chart for 18lx.
However the coordinates of this star have end ciphers:
RA 58.11, DEC 23.8

Is anybody else observing this star and has some advice to which
coordinates are correct? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Grüße,
Groeten,

Josch