[vsnet-alert 22178] Re: [vsnet-outburst 22181] ATLAS18olb: modulation?

Tonny Vanmunster tonny.vanmunster@gmail.com via vsnet-alert vsnet-alert at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon May 21 07:13:58 JST 2018

Dear colleagues,

I have submitted 4 nights of observations of ATLAS18olb to the VSNET team, using the designation AT 2018blk for this variable. My data were obtained on 2018, May 16-17-18-19 at CBA Belgium Observatory, using a 0.40-m f/10.0 telescope and ST-10XME CCD camera, and at CBA Extremadura Observatory, using a 0.40-m f/5.1 telescope and Trius SX-46 CCD.

In total, this represents over 600 observations covering a time span of 10.95 hours. A period analysis on the entire data set, using the ANOVA, Lomb-Scargle and PDM methods (Peranso), yields a weak signal with an amplitude of 0.06 mag and a very preliminary combined period of 0.049 +/- 0.001d (or 0.090 +/- 0.001d).

Further observations are needed to more accurately determine the period.

Best regards
Tonny

Tonny Vanmunster
CBA Belgium Observatory