[vsnet-campaign-dn 5870] DV Sco superhump period update

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Sep 7 10:49:18 JST 2008

DV Sco updated superhump period

   Berto Monard has sent us another set of time-series photometry.
On Sep. 5, the superhump profile consisted of double maxima of
nearly equal amplitudes.  Although the exact identification of the
primary maxima is slightly uncertain, we adopted a period of
0.1046(1) d whose alias selection was based on single-night
determination of periods.

   It would be worth noting that a PDM analysis of the two-night
data yielded a period of 0.09937(4) d, which is close to the
period reported in 2004 (vsnet-alert 8325).  These determination
may have been affected by the appearance of double-wave modulations
(the period of 0.09937 d gives larger residuals).
We still need more observations, preferably from different longitudes,
to clearly solve the aliasing problem and to follow the variation of
the superhump profile.