[vsnet-campaign-dn 6704] V1032 Oph: eclipses and superhumps

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Apr 4 10:08:58 JST 2010

>  I performed time-series photometry of V1032 Oph from Apr. 2.69 to 2.79.
> Two eclipses with a depth of ~0.5 mag were detected in the light curve.
> The orbital period is around 0.08 days.

   Maehara-san apparently failed to mention that this eclipsing nature
was first detected by Enrique de Miguel Agustino.  The observation on
March 31 detected an eclipse.

# Apologies if you have already received this message.

   Combining Maehara-san's and  de Miguel Agustino's observations,
the most likely orbital period is 0.07866(6) d, though this alias
selection should be confirmed by further observations.
The data clearly show the presence of superhumps outside the eclipses.
The object is thus confirmed to be an eclipsing SU UMa-type dwarf nova.