[vsnet-campaign-dn 8091] OT J184228.1+483742 : the superhump period unstable?

Ohshima ohshima at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Oct 9 04:22:04 JST 2011

OT J184228.1+483742 : the superhump period unstable?

 We have received further observations from Maehara-san,
and Crimean Astrophy. Observatory (observer: Oksana Antonyuk).
And we also took observations of this data.
 This object showed variations like superhumps. However,
interestingly, the period in the newest observations (around
Oct. 7.8) differed greatly during 3 ~ 4 h (This was a blank of
observations). The data implies that the period changed
to ~ 0.1 d and the profile became double-peak.

 This is very unusual behavior. Further observations are
strongly encouraged!