[vsnet-campaign-dn 8131] BW Scl: early superhumps!

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Oct 23 09:48:05 JST 2011

BW Scl: early superhumps!

   Josch Hambsch has reported V and I observations of BW Scl
(if it is possible, multiwavelength observations are welcome!
especially infrared and U band observations are very important
in studying early superhumps).  The observation clearly showed early
superhumps with a bump on the rising branch of the main humps
(full amplitudes 0.2 mag).

   Combined with the AAVSO observations (Peter Starr), we have
obtained a period of 0.05425(2) d.  The orbital period is
0.054323 d, and the period of early superhumps appears to be
very slightly shorter than the orbital period, as in other
well-observed systems like WZ Sge and AL Com.

   Continued observations are very strongly encouraged!