[vsnet-campaign-dn 9153] V1159 Ori: clear transition from S-type to L-type

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sat Jan 5 13:14:12 JST 2013

V1159 Ori: clear transition from S-type to L-type

   We have received more data from Kiyota-san, Enrique de Miguel
and Kazuyoshi Imamura (Okayama U. of Sci. team).
It has become evident that the object showed a beautiful transition
from S-type to L-type (cf. arXiv 1212.5940) from the two supercycles
we covered.  As far as I know, this is the first "real-time" detection
of this transition in ER UMa-type stars.
The light curve now resembles that of ER UMa when this object showed
negative superhumps.  The current superhump profile
is becoming dominated by the secondary maxima.  Let's see whether
a signal of negative superhumps emerges.