[vsnet-campaign-dn 9154] OT J122221.6-311525: rapid fading stage

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Jan 6 11:03:00 JST 2013

OT J122221.6-311525: rapid fading stage

   This object (=SSS130101:122222-311525) was observed by
Kiyota-san and Berto Monard on Jan. 4-5.  The object was
rapidly fading during Kiyota-san's observation (initial
magnitude about 12.3).  Although low-amplitude variations
were present, we couldn't find a clear periodicity
(there is some hint of periodicity around 0.061 d).
Since this object is likely a WZ Sge-type dwarf nova,
it is expected to show superhump signals after this fading
and likely during (expected) rebrightening phase.
Further observations are strongly encouraged.

   See also ATEL #4704.  The dwarf nova-type nature
has been confirmed.  The spectrum indicates that the
inclination is not very low -- we have sufficient chance to
detect periodicities.