[vsnet-campaign-dn 9302] OT J075418.7+381225: period decrease

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sat Mar 2 15:44:47 JST 2013

OT J075418.7+381225: period decrease

   Enrique de Miguel has reported as follows:

Comments:      Expected ~3 hr of clear skies turned into decent all-night
               basically clear skies.
               Mean brightness still decreasing at a low rate.
               The superoutubrst is being active for nearly 4 weeks now
               (supermax was on JD 327): probably the longest I've recorded.
               Psh is nearly constant after JD 346, although there is a hint
               of negative curvature in the O-C diagram during this stage
               (hence, Psh decreasing).
               Linear regression of all (31) max since JD 346 yields
               f_sh = 14.132(3) c/d --> P_sh = 0.070760(15) d.

                  Rain expected here for most of next week, so I will
               probably miss the final fading towards quiescence.
               Check then for possible rebrightnenings.

   We have also received observations from Pavol A. Dubovsky.
These data seem to indicate that there is a decrease in
the superhump period since Feb. 28 (JD 352), and the current period
is 0.0706(3) d.  The period before JD 352 was 0.07090(5) d.