[vsnet-campaign-dn 10297] SDSS J090221.35+381941.9: further brightening and early superhumps

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Mar 18 10:18:27 JST 2014

SDSS J090221.35+381941.9: further brightening and early superhumps

   Enrique de Miguel, Ian Miller, Colin Littlefield
and William Stein have reported new observations.
The object started to rise quickly on Mar. 16-17,
and it is now brighter than the initial detection
by MASTER team (now around mag 14).

   The signal of superhumps became smaller during
the rising branch and an analysis of the Mar. 17 data
yielded a period of 0.03359(9) d (full amplitude
0.10 mag).  The period suggests that this signal
is early superhumps.  If confirmed, this is the
first detection of transition from superhumps
to early superhumps (as predicted in vsnet-alert 17037).
This object will be then the first WZ Sge-type
analog of AM CVn stars.

   Despite that there are so many other attractive
targets, please bear in mind that this object is
absolutely the top priority target (we may expect
to see another superoutburst of ASASSN-14ag in
near future, etc. but we don't know whether we
have another chance to see a superoutburst of
SDSS J090221.35+381941.9 in near future).
All kinds of observations are encouraged.