[vsnet-campaign-dn 12856] ASASSN-17eq: new SU UMa type dwarf nova - period refinement

Tonny Vanmunster tonny.vanmunster at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 10:44:37 JST 2017

Dear colleagues,

I obtained additional observations of ASASSN-17eq on 2017, Apr 15/16, under clear skies (with moonlight), using the same equipment as below. I’m now able to accurately establish the superhump period, based on my combined data of Apr 13/14, 14/15 and 15/16. Using the ANOVA, Lomb-Scargle and PDM methods (Peranso), this results in a superhump period of 0.0722 +/- 0.0002d. Superhumps with an amplitude of 0.24 mag are still present. The object was at mag 14.35 (unfiltered) on Apr 15th.

Observations will be sent to CBA and VSNET for further analysis.

Best regards
Tonny

--

Tonny Vanmunster