[vsnet-alert 11357] Re: OT_J223003.0-145835 = CSS090727:223003-145835

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Jul 28 11:52:18 JST 2009

Gianluca Masi reported:

> after eliminating the trend of the data, I obtained an
> estimate for the period of 1.46 hous.

   Looking at Gianluca's original data, the light variation appears
similar to that recorded during the early fading stage of a superoutburst
(or a precursor) of short-Psh SU UMa stars (such as SW UMa).
The hump profile was complex and multiply peaked.
There also remains a possibility that we are observing the late decaying
stage of superhumps.  Further observations are strongly needed to
discriminate the possibilities.