[vsnet-alert 11387] Re: CTCV 1300-3052 recent outburst

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Aug 12 13:05:20 JST 2009

> Timeresolved photometry performed on 30 and 31 July at CBA
> Pretoria with unfiltered CCD, showed it to be an eclipsing system with
> possibly something like superhumps occuring in between eclipses. The
> derived orbital period was around 0.0890d (+/- 0.0002d).

   Berto kindly provided the data.  They were indeed superhumps.
I obtained a superhump period of 0.0947 d, which gives a slightly
large (6.5%) fractional superhump excess.  Although this period
obviously requires future confirmation, the large excess might
suggest a rather massive secondary.  Combined with the literature,
I selected the most likely orbital period of 0.0889195, but there
still remains ambiguity in the cycle count.  Future observations
are naturally wanted!