[vsnet-alert 14849] Re: XX Cam: declining?

FIDRICH Robert fidusz at zpok.hu
Tue Aug 14 03:22:39 JST 2012

Dear Friends,

 Ohshima ?rta (D?tum: 2012. Aug. 14.)
> XX Cam: declining?
>
>  According to Takahashi-san's observation (pointed by
> Nakatani-san), a R CrB type star XX Cam, which is usually
> around 7.5 and underwent only one decline episode (1939
> - 40), is reported to be faint. This object was reported
> to be 8.9 on Aug 11.
> If this data is real, this is a rare decline event.

I would be surprised.

According to my latest observation XX Cam was 7.6 on Aug 11.10UT.

The latest observations in the AAVSO Quick Look File also show XX Cam
around 7.37-7.38V
http://www.aavso.org/ql/results?auid=000-BBG-625&startjd=2456063.26248

I think it was a typo: X Cam (M) is around 9 magnitudes maximum light
recently:
http://www.aavso.org/ql/results?auid=000-BBH-362&startjd=2456063.26403

Clear skies,

--