[vsnet-alert 23953] V528 Cam: WZ Sge-type dwarf nova

Tonny Vanmunster tonny.vanmunster@gmail.com via vsnet-alert vsnet-alert at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Feb 12 09:06:32 JST 2020

Dear colleagues,

Further to my below message, I have obtained two additional nights of observations of V528 Cam: 2020, Feb 10/11 at CBA Extremadura Observatory, and 2020, Feb 11/12 at CBA Belgium Observatory.

The lightcurves of Feb 10/11, and Feb 11/12 reveal the presence of (strongly developed) early superhumps, hence classifying V528 Cam as a new WZ Sge-type dwarf nova. A period analysis of both nights, using the ANOVA, Lomb-Scargle and PDM methods (Peranso), yields a combined superhump period of 0.0571 +/- 0.0003d. The object was at mag 15.9 (CV) on Feb 12th.

Observations will be sent to AAVSO, CBA and VSNET for further analysis.

Follow-up observations are highly recommended to refine the superhump period and to study its further evolution.

Best regards

Tonny