[vsnet-chat 7197] Re: Supernovae and amateur astronomers

Gary Poyner garypoyner at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Sep 1 23:27:32 JST 2005

Yes, but that is the exception to the rule.  There are a very
small number of 'grants' out there if you know where to look, but
scale this alongside the number of serious amateurs these days
and it's pretty obvious that financial outlay is the big
difference between the 'serious amateur' (I hate that expression)
and the professional doing similar research!

Gary
Gary Poyner
garypoyner at blueyonder.co.uk
gp at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
http://www.garypoyner.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/varstars.html
"You can always tell a Brummie....but you can't tell him much"!