[vsnet-grb-info 5917] GCN is REALLY back on-line

GCN Circulars gcncirc at capella.gsfc.nasa.gov
Sun Apr 6 03:05:11 JST 2008

All GCN Customers,                     05 Apr 08

Ooops -- I announced too soon.
Shortly after issuing the announcement (below) that GCN
was back on-line, the network was taken back down again
for some more work.  (I was not aware there were
two phases of work, nor that I/we would be teased
into thinking that the network was back up -- it was up
for 1.0 hours before they took it down again.)

This time, I spoke with the network people and they assured me
that they were completely done with their work this time
and that the network would stay up.

Partial network and GCN functionality resumed at 17:24 UT
and full functionality resumed at 17:38 UT.
Summarizing: there was a 3.6 hour outage, then 1.0 hours
of full function, and then another outage for 3.3 hours,
and now the GCN System is back on-line.

All GCN functionality is running: Notices, Circulars, Reports,
receiving telemetry from missions, receiving imports (Notices
and Circulars), distributing, everything.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
GCN Operations

Scott Barthelmy                      NASA-GSFC, Code 661, Greenbelt, MD   20771
PHONE:  301-286-3106                 (work)
CELL:   301-346-3733
FAX:    301-286-1684                 (1st choice,  -1682 2nd choice)
EMAIL:  scott at lheamail.gsfc.nasa.gov
PAGER:  3013463733 at cingularme.com    (send short email to this address)
WEB:    http://gcn.gsfc.nasa.gov/gcn