[vsnet-alert 11424] Re: V2672 Oph rebrightening

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Aug 24 10:37:22 JST 2009

> V2672 Oph, the fast nova in Oph was quite steady last night but suddenly
> started to rebrighten from JD 5065.321 onwards at a rate of 0.36 mag/hour as
> observed with an unfiltered CCD.
> I am pleased to have registered the sudden change in the light curve and
> look forward to what's happening next.

   Berto Monard has kindly provided new observations.  The phenomenon
indeed appears to be transient brightening lasting for 1 day.

   V-band observations also confirmed this event (the object faded by
1.4 mag in one day!)

  YYYYMMDD(UT)   mag  observer
  20090821.842  14.76V  (Javier Temprano)
  20090822.844  16.12V  (Javier Temprano)

PS. Received a comment on multicolor photometry.  "Unfiltered photometry
would do the best": please supply "for detecting short-term modulations".
Sorry for the lack of explanation.  Of course, snapshot multicolor photometry
is always valuable.