[vsnet-alert 11499] VX For fading stopped

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Sep 25 10:28:02 JST 2009

VX For fading stopped

   We have received further data from Arto Oksanen and Eric Southgate
(The Hermitage Observatory).  The most recent observations indicate
that the rapid fading has stopped.  This behavior is what is expected
for a WZ Sge-type "dip" or temporary fading before rebrightenings.
Further continued observations are encouraged.  Even if the object
may look too faint, we still have a chance to extract periodicities
during the post-superoutburst stage.  The period and phase information
at this stage is extremely important.